About the Job
Network Administrator, Information Technology
Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), the global trade association dedicated to the promotion and growth of the cruise industry, is seeking a Network Administrator, Information Technology to be based in its Washington, D.C., office. With 15 offices around the world, CLIA represents the interests of the cruise lines, travel agents, port authorities, destinations and industry partners. CLIA is experiencing rapid growth and seeking a Network Administrator, an exempt position, to assist in the development, implementation and administration of CLIA’s local and Cloud network systems; provide high-level user technical support; train department staff and manage assigned projects accordingly. This position will report to the Vice President, Information Technology.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Administers systems and servers related to CLIA technology offerings (i.e. email systems, accounts, workstation ID, IP assignments, computers, security, antivirus, spyware, etc.) to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Provide direct support to local and remote users as necessary to ensure proper operation of all technology resources, including PC hardware/software and related peripherals.
- Support network infrastructure (physical and virtual) to ensure effective and efficient networking systems.
- Monitor network operations and software applications (i.e. servers (file, print, applications, web, database, proxy, etc.) operating systems, data availability, routine maintenance programs, etc.) to ensure efficient operations.
- Manage network resources to deliver services in compliance with established guidelines and/or objectives.
Provide configuration and routine support for VOIP phone system.
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Prepare written materials (i.e. procedures, system level documentation, reports, memos, letters, etc.) to document activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Recommend equipment, supplies and materials for the purpose of recommending procedures and/or purchases
- Respond to emergency situations as needed to resolve immediate concerns.
- Respond to inquiries from a variety of sources (i.e. staff, outside vendors and service providers, etc.) to provide technical assistance and support.
- Assist in training CLIA Staff to ensure their ability to use new and/or existing operating systems and application software.
Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Studies or other related concentration is strongly preferred. Or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: utilizing pertinent network, application, operating system monitoring and troubleshooting hardware and software; adhering to safety practices; planning and managing projects; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
- Ability to review and interpret highly technical information, write technical materials, and/or speak persuasively to implement desired actions and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions.
- Knowledge of current, legacy and emerging operating systems (multi-platform); environments and network protocols; router configurations; Inter/Internet applications; data security and recovery, project management, processes and methodology; and IP telephony
- Ability to schedule activities, meetings, and/or events; often gather, collate, and/or classify data; and consider a number of factors when using equipment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player in a wide variety of circumstances.
- Ability to work with a diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize a wide variety of types of job-related equipment.
- Ability to set priorities; establish effective relationships; attentive to detail; communicate with diverse groups; convey technical information to non-technical audiences; and work nonstandard hours.
- Ability to problem solve; analyze issues and create action plans.
Please submit a cover letter, salary history and résumé to [email protected] with the subject line entitled “Network Administrator”. Only finalists will be called. Agencies are not allowed.
Are you Interested in doing Job Oriented Professional Courses? Fill in your details below and we will connect you with the best available Institute.